Monday, March 21, 2005

My last day at home.....

Well, this is it. My mind is racing to figure out if I've forgotten something. I've been packed for three weeks so the chances are slim. I received my menu yesterday and oh boy is my body in for a shock!! I eat like an American now....pizza....McDevils....Krispy-Kreme.... but in 2 short days, I will have to learn Iraqi food exclusively.......Humas? Burgas? Addas? I've tried looking some things up and they didn't even come up! They may just be local recipes. If it's good enough for the Iraqis though, it is good enough for me. I believe after a couple of weeks of detoxing the junk from my system and running fruits and veggies through it, I should actually feel better than what I do now physically.

I'm finally finishing up this confounded bathroom downstairs as well. My wife's Grandfather is coming today (Thank God) to help me complete it. Once that is done, I'll have some private, quiet time with my family as well as confirming my itinerary and getting prepared for Tuesday morning.

Being this sick and taking this crazy two day trip ahead, by the time I reach Baghdad, I should think I'll be one confused and tired individual. That's part of the package though so.......

I will be sooooo glad not to see snow anymore....we got another dusting lastnight and I amTIRED OF IT. Everyone here is. I'm going to try to do my first picture and what better than a picture of SNOW! My front Yard.

No comments: